PanEco’s activities concerning palm oil:
- We inform the Swiss population and raise awareness.
- We gather evidence and convict palm oil companies that act illegally.
- As a member of the coalition for the exemption of palm oil in the free trade agreement between Switzerland and Indonesia/Malaysia, we advocated to the Swiss parliament to promoting Swiss vegetable fat instead of palm oil.
- In the current exhibition in the Thurauen Nature Centre, we inspire our visitors for the biodiversity of the rainforest and invoke them to protect it and to reduce the consumption of palm oil.
- We do research on how palm oil plantations influence the biodiversity.
- From a pilot study we have been carrying out for several years, we found that palm oil can successfully be harvested on fallow lands.